Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Blog Entry Without A Title

Hmm... can't seem to get a Title line cursor to take... maybe when I edit. (EDIT - Now it's taking. Go figure...)

Okay, I suppose I ought to take a swipe at the meme I was tagged for. I can't think of eight things worth mentioning that others don't know about me (that I'm willing to admit to in public), so this may be a bit lame... oh, why kid you? It's going to be very lame.

Eight Things I'm Not Sure People Know About Me

1 - Between my speech issues and chronic shyness (due in no small part to the fact that people couldn't understand what I was saying, so why bother talking), I was mistaken on more than one occassion for a special ed student. The fact that they'd only send the "short" bus out on my route for high school can't have helped.

2 - I had few friends going into high school. By the end, they no longer were friends, and I never bothered making new ones.

3 - As the only person without glasses in my family, I often wished I had them... which happened round about sixth grade. (Hey, I'm an idiot... what can I say?)

4 - I have never had a boyfriend, discounting friends who happened to be boys.

5 - I am about to drop-kick a cat across the room if he doesn't stop pawing at the cat door for no earthly reason.

6 - I once dreamed of being a part-time cat trainer, and even came up with a "feline versatility" sport which bore an uncanny resemblance to the recent wave of feline agility expos turning up at cat shows. (You know that whole "clicker training" movement dog people latched onto a few years back? I read about it in eighth grade, in a book on training cats which I cannot for the life of me locate - the guy trained animals for movies, and clickers were used because they were easy to edit out of soundtracks.)

7 - Speaking of dream careers, I never had one. Every thing I wanted to do - writer, artist, cat trainer, animator, etc. - was always "part time" in addition to whatever I "really" wanted to do. Either I was hedging my bets or I was an uncommitted lazy lump a lot longer than most people. (Later on, I never committed to one because I saw what jobs did to people - my aunt and uncle were both zombies for much of my childhood due to being overworked - and lived in fear of that happening to me, especially with something I liked. I still am afraid of it, to be perfectly honest...)

8 - I spent the majority of my creative time pacing aimlessly; my brain generates more ideas when I'm moving, though it kicks off the moment I sit down to implement any ideas it comes up with.

And a bonus 9 - The cat has stopped pawing at the door, so he will live. ;-)

2 comments:

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Frankly, I've never really liked anything enough to want to do it full time - until I started this jewelry thing, but that, too, will probably fade. Happiest I ever was was in college - lots of different things to do and a different schedule every day. Too bad "professional student" isn't an occupation!!

Jade said...

I never had a dream career either... I had ideas that came and went, but nothing ever stood out as a clear direction to take.

And on 9 - I'm picturing the Maurader's Map, your little footprints pacing around in a circle. :)