Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Monday, August 13, 2007

Operation Machete - Phase 2 Complete

For all none of you who care, Phase 2 of my site overhaul officially hit the Internet today. The Skyhaven Hunt, down since March (as part of Operation Machete Phase 1), has returned. It was supposed to be back in May... which became June... then July... but finally, in August, I managed to scrape together a redesigned Hunt. It shouldn't take more than half an hour to get through, all told, but I have Big Plans for the Future. As usual.

The debut of the Hunt is one more checkmark on my list from January (the twelve things I wanted to accomplish this year), and most of the way to a second one (one more new Skyhaven critter to go on #10.) Unfortunately, it's about the only progress I can report on the list since February, and I've pretty much blown any chance of accomplishing two of them. As usual, I represent my own biggest obstacle to achieving anything.

So, I've revamped Skyhaven Adoptions and the Skyhaven Hunt. Is this the end of Operation Machete? No - unfortunately for you, it's not. I still have to start work on Phase 3: the reintroduction of the jewelwings. Considering how devious I like to be in hiding them, it constitutes a phase all on its own. Hopefully by 2008 I'll be done with that part... just in time to consider revamping again.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Funny how the web projects drag out, isn't it? Sounds like you are having a nice productive month though... keep up the momentum!