Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Halfway to the End

As of tonight, the end of the sixth month of the year, 2011 will officially be half over.

Yes, I panicked, too.

On the downside:
- I've still failed to secure secondary income sources; part-time jobs I'm remotely qualified for don't seem to be appearing, and I haven't even tried making anything to sell online.
- I still haven't started at least one project I'd meant to have done by now.
- I've completely dropped the ball on picking up the exercise habit.
- I'm still effectively standing in my own way when it comes to artistic improvement.
- I haven't finished editing the story I'd wanted to sent out for beta-reading by now.
- I still have piles of Stuff I need to sell off, donate, or otherwise relocate to a place that isn't here.
- I still haven't (insert other project, activity, or personal improvement goal here).

On the upside:
- I'm still alive.
- I'm still employed.
- My father's still among the living.
- My grandfather's still among the living... and actually doing better than we had any reason to expect.
- I still have a working motor vehicle. (The other day, I came out of the store and saw a gold sedan with its entire front bumper and grille on the ground - right about where I parked. Nearly had heart failure until I realized I was one aisle off...)
- I now own a (cheap-arse prepaid) cell phone, bringing me one step closer to the 21st century.
- I've read 27 new (or new-to-me) books... which puts me on track to top 750 reviews by the end of the year.
- Slow as I'm going, I'm still filling sketchbook pages.
- And I managed a trip to the zoo. Can't knock a trip to the zoo...

All in all, I'm still breathin' air... which is ultimately all one can ask of the Universe to provide. The rest, unfortunately, is up to us.

Dang it...

1 comment:

Zirconia Wolf said...

Have you tried waving frantically in the air so that "god/goddess" knows you are in need of assistance & puts an action in your command queue?

Oh...wait.

Never mind.