Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Break Eternal

This morning, I showed up bright and early for work.

I cleared my e-mail. I submitted my hours. I even finished an online training quiz I'd been putting off. I was ready to go, waiting for 9:00.

At about 8:30, the power flickered.

It flickered again.

It died.

So, we sat in the break room, waiting for the lights to come back on.

We waited a very, very long time. Long enough to nearly finish the break room puzzle.

It finally came back on shortly before noon... but then the various machines needed to be reset. (For some reason, they don't like power outages. Go figure...)

How long did that take?

Check the time stamp... and we're still waiting.

(At 2:00 the point becomes moot.)

Oh, well... at least I'm still getting paid. And there's a new puzzle to work on...

No comments: