Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Interlude with Frosted Mushroom

Just a quick American Turkey Day post hoping everyone had a good holiday.

For the curious:

- Yes, as the sidebar mentions, I "won" NaNoWriMo again. That's my fifth official win out of five tries. I had a secondary project I wanted to work on for the rest of the month, but other things keep interfering, so another two-story year isn't happening.
- Yes, I finally signed up for official health care. Bottom of the barrel glorified Medicaid, but it's better than nothing. (Especially considering that the last time I tried for Medicaid I was denied.) At least I'm legal, now.
- And, yes, I did finally finish that project for relatives, but still haven't started my ornaments because they want another project along the same lines. (Pay projects always trump personal.) I want the thing done by December 1. Or next Tuesday.
-The above photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. I'd never seen a frost-encrusted mushroom before.

Let the holiday season officially commence!

No comments: