Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Friday, February 02, 2007

Employed Again

It's a strange feeling, having to be somewhere to do something again after so long without a job. I just finished my first work week, and they seem to expect me back next week, so I guess I didn't screw up. Granted, the job's hardly rocket science, but you spend enough time getting rejected for jobs and you start to wonder if you can even do a job anymore...

Anyway, now that I have (presumably) an income I can rely on for a while, it's time to get other things in order... such as my long-term plans to make enough money off my own creativity or somesuch that I can ditch this gig. It's not that I hate the job, it's just that I really don't want to be doing this for ten years... or five, even, if I can help it. So, time to dust off the story files, sketchbooks, art supplies, and workbench tools... and make room for some friends to join them. I got an income, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Those who worry that my newly-employed status will spell the end of my sites, take heart: when I got home from work on my very first day, I added a brand-new critter to the Skyhaven lineup. What is it? When will you see it? It's too soon to answer those questions, but my tentative plans call for the big update to hit the web in early March... maybe late February, if I get my tail in gear and work.

Hmm... blogging isn't working, is it? Sorry... guess I'd better run...

1 comment:

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Amazing how that works, isn't it? I find blogging to be a wonderful time waster!

Congrats again on the job and the return of ambition!