Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Friday, September 25, 2009

Another Quick Computer Update

The computer shop called this afternoon.

The Big Black Critter is ready to come home.

Unfortunately, I was fighting my way home from the zoo in rush hour traffic, and going out of my way to swing by the shop just wasn't going to happen.

So, tomorrow I find out what damage was done. (The shop guy mentioned something in the message, but his enunciation and accent combined to make his words virtually unintelligible.  I think - think - they had to reformat and reinstall Windows, but they may or may not have saved my info.  All I really could pick out was that my computer was ready to be picked up.)

Hopefully this means I can clear two trips' worth of pictures off my camera, not to mention getting back into story writing. (I'm afraid to use the flash drive I'd been using to store my stories, as one report hinted that Personal Guard 2009 liked to sneak exe-files onto flash drives.  Not that the story was going so hot to begin with, but still, that's a lot of work down the tubes if it's on a corrupt drive.  Maybe if it's the first thing I try to reinstall, so I don't have so much to lose...)

Guess I'll head off.  Got some general websurfing to do.  There's also an annoyingly loud fly in my room that I'm trying to lull into landing; the cats seem uninterested in fulfilling their roles as pest control devices, so it's up to me to eject the unwanted insect.

I think it's finally landed....

No comments: