Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Friday, January 01, 2010

The 2010 Resolution List

For accountability... or a laugh in 2011, at the very least.  Since the "bonus" idea seemed to help last year, I'm trying it again this year; mainly, they serve to clarify what I want out of each resolution.
  1. Increase Monetary Income.
    Bonuses: Sell something online; Investigate/obtain business license; Start some sort of long-term investment.
  2. Decrease Personal Clutter.
    Bonuses: Reorganize my room; Reorganize my workspace.
  3. Spend at least 1 hour daily, 5x/week creating.
    Bonuses: Start working with color; Work with Wacom more often; Improve digital art skills; Learn 3D graphics; Resume penny whistle practice; Do at least one Daily Sketch Group (ConceptArt.org) per month.
  4. Finish at least a rough draft of three stories.
    Bonuses: Edit a story into marketworthy shape; Send a story to a beta reader; Submit a story for contest and/or publication; Win NaNoWriMo again in 2010.
  5. Exercise in some form at least 3x/weekly.
    Bonuses: Increase walking range; Healthily lose at least one belt notch of weight.
I suppose the first thing I ought to do to start the year off right would be to head off to bed. (And tomorrow I get to sleep in... nice way to start a new year.  Gotta love workin' for the library!)

No comments: