Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Saturday, December 18, 2010

X minus 7 days... well, 6 and 1 hour... and counting

Well, calendars don't lie, and my calendar says that next Saturday is Xmas.  My calendar also says that Tuesday is Winter Solstice. (And Monday is supposed to be a full lunar eclipse, which - clouds pending - we might even be able to see.) All signs are pointing to 2010 being down to the final dregs.

Things I have done:
  • Finished holiday shopping.
  • Wrapped everything.
  • Mailed cards.
  • Avoided sitting through the insipid "Christmas In The Northwest" and the annoyingly pointless and circular "Charlie Brown Christmas" songs once thus far this holiday season. (I did have to sit through "Christmas Shoes" once to do it, though...)
  • Needlessly neglected cats to type up blog posts.

Orion!  Get off the keyboard, dang it!

Sorry about that... where was I?  Oh, yes...

Things I have not done:
  • Finish family ornaments.
  • Publish the December (or November) updates for Brightdreamer Books.
  • Read much of anything to justify an update at Brightdreamer Books.
  • Check off a good chunk of my 2010 Resolution list.
  • Decorate my workbench.
  • Listen to my Trans-Siberian Orchestra holiday CD clear through.
  • Rub enough kitty bellies.

Okay, okay, hint taken...

And people wonder why I never get anything done...

2 comments:

Jade said...

We received and opened the ornaments, thank you so much! They are really nice! (I love the camera on the snowman, it looks like a Holga!:) )

Brightdreamer said...

Oh, good - I'd hoped they'd get there in time for the holidays... you can never have enough tacky glittery things for Xmas.

corneme - a corny meme.