Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Thursday, November 26, 2009

The End... For Now...

I already know I need to do some serious rewriting.  The world lacks integrity and structure, my characters aren't the greatest, the action's all over the map, and I may even have to scrap the ending.  There's also the nagging hints of a sequel, which I'd rather not feel obligated to write.  But I wrote the words "THE END", so that means it's a finished rough draft.

It feels good to finish a draft.  Even a rough one.

It feels even better to accomplish a goal, such as winning NaNoWriMo 2009.

Now, I just need to step back for a while and let it simmer on the back burner before picking up the Hatchet of Editing and having at the thing...

(For the curious, yes, it's a fantasy.  Yes, there's a dragon in it.  No, it's in no fit shape to be shared, unless you like your stories rough-edged and raw in the middle.)

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day to any fellow Americans! (Not that anyone else is forbidden to have a happy day, or to eat turkey on it... or to consume a happy turkey, for that matter.)

No comments: