Quote of the Moment

"It's never wrong to hope, Byx," said my mother. "Unless the truth says otherwise."
- from Endling #1: The Last, by Katherine Applegate

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Obligatory Xmas 2013 Post

Yep, another year, another round of gawdawful tacky ornaments. Glitter animals, this year. Because I found the papier mache animal shapes at a craft store, and decided it would be easier than sculpting from scratch.
That's epoxy on the trappings. And glitter glaze. And metallic paint. (I thought about adding sequins, but didn't want to collapse the universe by setting off a tackiness supernova.) But if you think they're bad now, wait until the lights go off...
(Apologies for the picture quality... I was having some camera issues. And tripod issues. And dear-gods-this-year-sucks-burnt-toast issues.)

Yes, that's glow-in-the-dark glitter. They make such a thing. What can I say? I was inspired by Luminasia...

Aren't you glad I'm not your relative?

1 comment:

Jade said...

DL!! I'm glad your grandfather made it home for Christmas, and I hope your holidays were good. I feel horrible that I've neglected this end of the internet for so long, but I'm forcing my world back into a new balance that will include blogging again. I agree, medicaid is better than nothing, especially if an emergency situation pops up, and congratulations on NaNoWriMo!